Open Government and FOIA - OAG
Open Government Material
The District is committed to a transparent, open form of government. District agency websites are required to make certain records available online to the public, if those records exist. In cases where these records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the FOIA Officer.
- Public Employee Salary Information (Please note that this is the complete listing of District employees. Agency designation is located in column two.)
- Statements of Policy - OAG’s legal opinion letters to client agencies are exempt from disclosure, pursuant to DC Official Code Section 2-534(a)(4) and (e). There are, however, some opinion letters to the ANCs that are available on our website.
- OAG/Corporation Counsel Opinions
- OAG's Performance
- OAG's Budget
- District-Wide FOIA reports
- OAG's Organizational Chart
- Submit Feedback
If you cannot find the information you are looking for here or elsewhere on DC.gov you can submit a FOIA request online via the DC government Public FOIA Portal. Requests may also be submitted by mail, fax, or email. However, please note that FOIA requests submitted online will be easier to track and process.
To understand the process before making a request, please see foia.dc.gov.
The FOIA Officer is the principal contact point within the Office of the Attorney General for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. All requests are handled professionally and expeditiously. OAG's FOIA Officer’s information is listed below.
441 4th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 724-5562
Fax: (202) 741-5995