Child Support Services Division
Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia
Salary range: $76,082 – $83,168
Closing Date: 02/28/17
This position is in the collective bargaining unit represented by AFSCME Local 2401 and you may be required to pay an agency service fee through direct payroll deduction.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Child Support Services Division, (CSSD), First Response Unit of the Office of the Attorney General (OAG). CSSD is responsible for enhancing the well-being of children by assuring that accurate and timely financial and medical support is provided.
- Provides customer service to a diverse customer base.
- Assesses customer’s needs and suitability for occupational training as well as job and/or training opportunities that will lead to employment opportunities. Assists with matching customers with job placement opportunities and make referrals in Virtual One Stop (VOS) system.
- Aid in staffing the Child Support Services Division Alternative Solutions Center. Communicates and follow up with customers in a timely manner.
- Enters customer data, service delivery codes, and case notes into Virtual One Stop (VOS), Alternative Solution Center Systems, and any applicable partner data management systems, as specified in partner agreement; creates, processes and maintains customer files.
- Assists with pre-screening events for employment opportunities.
- Appears at hearings before DC Superior Court and provides program participant information to the Court and assigned assistant attorneys.
- Monitors the customers’ progress and provides effective case management for child support and job development.
- Assists customers in resolving barriers to employment by identifying other services, benefits, and community resources.
- Develops daily log of participation and utilization of programs CSSD offer.
- Coordinates outreach activities, community events, programs and services to meet client needs, including public education campaigns and training seminars. This may include attending outreach events outside of normal business hours.
- Takes initiative and uses independent judgment in accomplishing the daily coordination and execution of activities.
- Coordinates with other agencies in order to carry out the mission and functions of CSSD and in particular its workforce operations.
- Ensures the transmission of appropriate information to various audiences.
- Keeps the community abreast of CSSD’s mission, which is instrumental in identifying potential stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have at least one (1) year of Specialized Experience. Specialized Experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
Time-in-grade Restrictions: Time in grade restrictions must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Substitution of Education: A substitution of education for required experience will be allowed as defined in OPM's Qualification Standards. However, in order to receive credit, applicants must submit official proof of educational attainment at the time of application.
Please see attachment for more information.