Systems and Automation Section
Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia
Salary range: $87,657 – $112,956
Closing Date: 02/28/17
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING UNIT: This position is in the collective bargaining unit represented by AFSCME Local 2401 and you may be required to pay an agency service fee through direct payroll deduction.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Child Support Services Division (CSSD), Systems and Automation Section, Helpdesk & Security Unit. The incumbent serves as the LAN Administrator for CSSD, responsible for managing network hardware, software, and Internet operations as well as computer installation.
Other duties include:
- Oversees the Enterprise Network including servers, gateways, hubs, routers, personal computers, and printers.
- Monitors and assists in the upgrade and installation of hardware and software on all of the platforms mentioned above.
- Analyzes the system security and privacy requirements in addition to providing the system vehicle to assure secured access, logon, and enterprise network operations.
- Provides assistance and training to CSSD staff members as required on new enterprise network software and new desktop applications as needed.
- Maintains an up to date backup of the enterprise network to assure the absolute minimum of exposure of loss of software and data on the enterprise network.
- Performs ongoing maintenance of system directories, periodically reorganizing all system directories.
- Monitors disk allocation and system resource usage to assist in the determination of upgrade requirements across all platforms.
- Installs software and performs the naming of volumes and placement of libraries/files on volumes, develops configuration files and records the configuration file name library.
- Develops and maintains a procedure manual including a system layout and design, a reference guide for all users, and trains new users in proper equipment operations.
- Implements system maintenance procedures and keeps an accurate maintenance log.
- Conducts ongoing maintenance of files and volumes periodically reorganizing volumes and monitors free extends on all volumes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have at least one (1) year of Specialized Experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position successfully and is similar to the position being filled. To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. The ideal candidate possesses knowledge of intermediate network management and has at least 3 to 5 years of experience in providing senior level support for desktop support issues. Time in grade restrictions are applicable.
Please see attachment for more information.