Child Support Services Division
Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia
Salary range: $51,039 - $55,929
Closing Date: 02/24/17
This position is in the collective bargaining unit represented by AFSCME Local 2401 and you may be required to pay an agency service fee through direct payroll deduction.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Child Support Services Division, Aging Cases and Judgment Renewal Unit:
- Monitors the District of Columbia Child Support Enforcement System (DCCSES) to retrieve motion referrals.
- Prepares Motions to Modify Due to Incarceration when appropriate.
- Visits DC and PG County jails, community centers, and homeless shelters to seek additional referrals.
- Assists the agency with outreach efforts related to incarcerated and re-entry parents.
- Reviews customer and legal information to process petitions and draft motions by interviewing agency officials, potential witnesses, available documents, and sources of information.
- Drafts complaints, responses, motions, legal briefs, and memoranda as appropriate.
- Monitors case tracking system to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Develops and monitors office procedures for legal matters.
- Maintains files of administrative policies, cases, applicable law, legal publications, and other professional reference materials.
- Develops and implements processes for file disposition.
- Answers phone inquiries regarding case status by providing information from files and records.
- Exercises discretion and judgment in determining whether the inquirer is entitled to such information.
- Receives correspondence, memoranda, and referrals from the supervisor for appropriate recording and distribution to staff.
- Reviews all documents to ensure that documents are handled in accordance with established administrative policies.
- Serves as a notary public and maintains notary equipment in accordance with local rules.
QUALIFICATIONS: Specialized Experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the position’s duties, and that is sufficiently applicable to the position. To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: Substitution of education for required experience will be allowed as defined in OPM's Qualification Standards. However, in order to receive credit, applicants must submit official proof of education. Time-In-Grade restrictions must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Please see attachment for more information.