OAG brings court actions to stop deceptive and unconscionable business practices and to obtain compensation for consumers. Although OAG does not represent individual consumers, it helps consumers and merchants to resolve their disputes. In addition, it uses consumer complaint information to determine whether there is a pattern or practice by a business that warrants investigation or possible legal action by OAG.
To reach the Consumer Protection Hotline, call (202) 442-9828 or email email@example.com. The office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- Consumer Complaint Form
- Consumer Help – Agencies and Organizations
- Consumer Information – Links to Websites
- Consumer Protection Pamphlet
- Consumer-Related DC Municipal Regulations
- DC Consumer Protection Laws
- Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
- Foreclosure: Important Information
- Predatory Mortgage Lending
- Resolving and Reporting Your Complaint