Personnel, Labor & Employment Division
Office of the Attorney General
Salary range: $81,050 – $88,841
This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is in the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Personnel, Labor and Employment Division, Human Resources Section. The incumbent serves as an expert technician in the maintenance and analysis of the agency’s HR data residing in multiple systems, including PeopleSoft and internal databases and software. Incumbent must be well versed in gathering, collecting, and analyzing data, as well as the interfaces relating to various systems. The qualified candidate will have hands-on experience producing a wide variety of management reports based on this data, using Excel and other query tools.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with HR personnel and team members to troubleshoot, research, and escalate issues as necessary; ensuring that users are updated on the status and addressing issues timely.
- Proactively identifying areas where HR data is not up to date and working with HR personnel to suggest and implement ways to improve data quality.
- Leading systems updates/upgrades, working with vendors (if applicable) to test changes to ensure systems and processes are working as designed.
- Coordinating with the DCHR’s Learning & Development and internal Training Coordinator, to develop communication and training materials for use across the agency.
- Auditing multiple HR databases for accuracy, making corrections and updates as appropriate.
- Writing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of management reports and queries using appropriate reporting tools. Developing standard and ad hoc reports for ongoing customer needs, working closely with HR Specialists and management staff.
- Developing complex Excel spreadsheets as assigned, to enable concise and professional data presentation and analysis.
- Providing appropriately formatted HR data to other district-wide agencies, using automation where possible, on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Handles a variety of ad hoc assignments from HR Officer and HR Specialists.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have at least four (4) years of specialized experience. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related discipline
- 4+ years of HRIS experience
- Advanced Excel skills for data analysis
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Halogen HRIS systems preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; consistent attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources principles and best practices.
- Ability to conduct research, to analyze existing query logic, and to examine data, with the goal of devising effective solutions.
- Experience using current computer technology for communication, data querying and reporting.
- Must be “customer service" oriented • Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communications; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle exposure to a large volume of confidential information with integrity and discretion. To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
TIME-IN-GRADE RESTRICTIONS: Must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: A degree in a relevant area of study is preferred. A substitution of education for required experience will be allowed as defined in OPM's Qualification Standards. However, to receive credit, applicants must submit official proof of educational attainment at the time of application.
SUBMISSION OF RANKING FACTORS: The following ranking factors will be used in the evaluation process and responses to all ranking factors are required for consideration. Please describe any specific achievements, experience, education, training, awards, outside activities, etc. that include the degree to which you possess the job-related knowledge, skills and abilities described in the ranking factors. The information given in response to the ranking factors should be complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Please see attachment for more information.