This position is outside the collective bargaining unit.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Personnel, Labor and Employment Division, Human Resources Section. The incumbent serves as an expert technician in the field of position management and is assigned continuing responsibility for providing position management services for the Office of the Attorney General. Incumbent establishes and maintains a close cooperative working relationship with the program and administrative officials.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides recommendations on organizational staffing in order to facilitate efficient operations and to provide optimum opportunities for employee development and maximum utilization of employee skills.
- Plans and conducts individual desk audits and/or classification surveys in the assigned organizations, with responsibility for the preparation of the required position descriptions, evaluation statements, and survey reports, and for the final allocation of positions within delegated authority.
- Recommends allocations on those positions determined to be properly evaluated at higher grades.
- Serves as advisor to management regarding such matters as merit principles, and the advantages and disadvantages of using the various staffing methods in selecting employees for positions.
- Develops training material including test modules. Provides training in position management, specifically, position description review and development, establishment of positions, planning and conducting desk audits, classification surveys, constructing and applying competitive level codes, assigning position numbers, assigning job codes, developing statement of differences, completing the Optional Form-8, processing realignments, evaluating and classifying positions, and providing management advisory services.
- Confers with representatives of the Office of Personnel Management and DC Department of Human Resources who may conduct post-audits surveys for the purpose of explaining program objectives, organizational changes, operating requirements, and the rational underlying specific classification decisions.
- Provide guidance and assistance to program supervisors on personnel actions, including promotions, demotions, reassignments, recruitment, details, separations, extensions, etc.
- Reviews processes and analyzes actions to ensure that legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Reviews, interprets, and applies various pertinent laws and standards, including District and Federal regulations and procedures relative to personnel matters and administrative issues/problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have at least one (1) year of Specialized Experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position successfully. Specialized experience must be similar to the position being filled. To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
Time-in-grade Restrictions: Must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Substitution of Education: A substitution of education for required experience will be allowed as defined in OPM's Qualification Standards. However, in order to receive credit, applicants must submit official, proof of education at the time of application.