Child Support Services Division
Office of the Attorney General
Salary range: $51,039 - $55,929
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING UNIT: This position is in the collective bargaining unit represented by AFSCME Local 2401 and you may be required to pay an agency service fee through direct payroll deduction.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Incumbent serves as a member of a team. Is assigned a given caseload of non-routine, highly complex cases (i.e. involving three (3) or more absent parents and other difficult or sensitive kinds of cases).
- Takes necessary action to establish and enforce support obligations owed by absent to their children, ensuring that separate cases are developed for multiple fathers related to the same client. Is responsible for receiving and disburses collections obtained from the court and other IV-D programs.
- For this purpose, computes monthly obligations based on court order; determine the correct method of distribution; prepares monthly and quarterly financial and statistical reports and reimburses State and Federal Assistance accounts. Incumbent will monitor frequency and consistency of payments for the purpose of enforcement.
- Responsible for evaluation, investigation and interviewing as needed to determine the propriety manner of proceeding with enforcement activities. Develops additional information to resolve conflicts.
- Determines the most expeditious manner of processing cases. Determines whether to refer for parent location, enforcement or reciprocal out-of-state action or whether to submit pleading for filling in court; and monitors the progress of the case.
- Exercises discretion in negotiating, prior to the court hearing, and reports to the court or other appropriate agency on findings and results.
- May be requested to provide testimony on aspects of the case about which she/he is knowledgeable.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must meet the basic requirements described under A, B, or C: (A) Degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position or (B) Combination of education and experience that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social science equivalent to a major in the field or (C) Four (4) years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field. Candidates must have at least one (1) year of Specialized Experience that equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, at least one (1) year of specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Time in grade restrictions are applicable.
Please see attachment for more information.