Seeking job opportunities? Career Fair for Parents with Active Child Support Cases
August is Child Support Awareness Month and while OAG’s Child Support Services focuses on helping District families all year long, this month they roll out special efforts to help parents support their children. Child Support Services will host its 3rd Annual Parent Career Fair on August 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Old Council Chamber (441 4th Street NW). Parents with a child support order can come chat with employers and learn about job opportunities. Several service providers will also be at the Career Fair to help give parents the tools they need to succeed, including professional interview clothes, resume tips, healthcare services, and more.
One parent who attended last year’s Career Fair wrote in to OAG afterward, “Not only did I get a job, but you all listened to me and helped me get the help I needed.” If you or someone you know has an active child support case and needs help finding a job, please join us for our Parent Career Fair!
Among the employers and service providers currently confirmed to participate, include:
- D.C. Department of Transportation
- MLK Deli
- Best Bus
- Potomac Job Corps
- University Club
- 1 Power Communications
- TMG Enterprises
- DC Central Kitchen
- Career Pathways
- Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) Local 26
- United Urology Group
- A Wider Circle (Interview clothes and resume tips)
- MW Communications (Free phone provider)
- Health & Joy Services (Healthcare services)
- So Others Might Eat (SOME) (Housing and employment assistance)
- CSOSA (Community contact for those on parole or probation)
- Mayors Services Liaison Office
- Mayors Office on Returning Citizen Affairs
- Maryland Department of Rehabilitation Services
Parents with active child support cases, child support questions, or seeking more information about the upcoming Career Fair, can call OAG’s Child Support Customer Care Center at 202-442-9900 to speak with workforce development specialists who can connect them with training, mentoring, and job opportunities. Learn more at cssd.dc.gov.