The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) provides information and services to victims and witnesses, including
- Assistance with cases involving juvenile offenders.
- Acute crisis intervention.
- Short term counseling.
- Assistance in applying for compensation from the Crime Victims Compensation Program.
- Accompanying victims through court proceedings.
- Assistance with Victim Impact Statements.
- Referrals to Social Services and other applicable helping agencies.
- Information about your role in the criminal justice process.
- Information on your case status and case disposition.
- Timely notification of court appearances.
- Assistance with travel and hotel arrangements.
For more information and assistance for victims and witnesses, consult the Victim Witness Assistance Unit.