OAG has learned that some individuals are trying to profit from this pandemic by reselling COVID-19 tests on craigslist and other peer-to-peer sites. Consumers should avoid purchasing COVID-19 tests from unauthorized retailers or sellers.
COVID-19 Testing Tips
- Beware of individuals reselling COVID-19 tests online.
- Only purchase COVID-19 tests through authorized retailers so you can ensure the integrity of your test kit.
- DC Residents can obtain a free COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test by visiting a designated test pickup location. A full list of locations and pickup times can be found here: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/rapidantigen
- DC Residents can obtain at home COVID-19 PCR self-testing kit by visiting a designated test pickup location. A full list of locations and pickup times can be found here: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/testyourself.
- Vaccination remains one of the best ways to prevent severe disease from COVID-19.
If you have purchased a COVID-19 test from an unauthorized seller, you may call OAG’s Office of Consumer Protection at (202) 442-9828, submit a complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online form.
More information about COVID-19 is at: www.oag.dc.gov/coronavirus. Learn the latest news and tips from the Office of the Attorney General by reading the OAG Blog.
The Office of the Attorney General works to educate District residents about their consumer rights, responds to individual consumer complaints, and takes appropriate law enforcement actions where possible. Learn more about your rights and how to protect yourself against scams at oag.dc.gov/ConsumerProtection.