Jobs with OAG
The attorneys, paralegals, investigators, administrative assistants, and other hard-working professionals at the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) promote the public interest of the District of Columbia and its citizens. Learn more about the divisions of OAG and the varied work they do on behalf of District residents by reading our blog series, "Voices from Across my Office."
Our employees work daily to represent the District in court and administrative proceedings, prosecute certain criminal offenses and provide the city with high-level legal advice. Employees also protect our city’s most vulnerable residents by taking legal action to preserve affordable housing, support children, and seniors, protect consumers, prioritize data-driven juvenile justice reform, and more. OAG boasts some of the District of Columbia's most experienced and respected professionals, whose work shapes local law at the municipal, state, and federal levels.
Click below to learn more about our open job vacancies.
Staff Attorney Positions:
- Trial Attorney, Enforcement Section, Civil Litigation Division (#2022-173; Close Date: 11/30/2022)
- Appellate Attorney, Office of the Solicitor General (#2022-174; Close Date: 12/02/2022)
- Attorney Advisor, Governments Contracts Section, Commercial Division (#2022-176; Close Date: 12/05/2022)
- Trial Attorney (DUI Prosecutor), Public Safety Division (13-Month Term) (#2022-178; Close Date: 12/13/2022)
- Trial Attorney, Public Advocacy Division, Antitrust and Nonprofit Enforcement Section (#2022-155; Close Date: 12/15/2022)
Note: To be eligible for an attorney position you must be a current member in good standing of a bar and be eligible to waive into the District of Columbia within 360 days of appointment. Current JD law students are not eligible for attorney positions but may apply for OAG’s internship program that accepts applications throughout the year.
Non-Attorney Staff Positions:
- Program Support Assistant (#2022-112; Close Date: 11/28/2022)
- Senior Executive Assistant (#2022-185; Close Date: 12/07/2022)
- Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations and Performance Management) (#2022-124; Open Until Filled)
- Chief Human Resources Officer, Immediate Office (2022-179; Open Until Filled)
ACCOMMODATIONS: If any applicant has questions or needs a reasonable accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact: Joy J. Dorsey at Joy.Dorsey@dc.gov or by phone at (202) 724-1526.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: In accordance with the DC Human Rights Act of 1977, as amended, DC Official Code Section 2-1401.01 et seq., the District of Columbia does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination which is prohibited by the Act. In addition, harassment based on any of the above-protected categories is prohibited by the act. Discrimination in violation of the Act will not be tolerated. Violators will be subjected to disciplinary action.
DISPOSITION OF RESUME: APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE NOTIFIED IF AN INTERVIEW IS GRANTED. Resumes received outside the area of consideration and/or after the closing date will not be given consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The District of Columbia Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.