Reference: OAG HR Form No. 01
Information Pertaining to the Pre-Employment Background Check Release Form
Individuals who apply for employment with the District of Columbia Office of the Attorney General shall be subject to a background investigation. To facilitate the background investigation, applicants are requested to sign a release authorizing the D.C. Office of the Attorney General to access information which it may deem relevant to an employment decision.
D.C. Office of the Attorney General may seek the following types of information:
- Information about your previous employment during the last 5 years;
- Information about your educational background (if relevant to the position for which I am applying;
- Reference checks from previous employers or personal reference checks;
- Professional or other type of license, if a prerequisite for the position;
- Federal, State & Local Tax Information;
- Credit Information; and
- Any other background information considered necessary by the agency (i.e., professional standing, if relevant to the position for which you are applying, provided that the basis for obtaining such information is not arbitrary or capricious.