Submit a Consumer Complaint
Have you been scammed or taken advantage of by a deceptive business? File a complaint so that OAG can investigate.
By submitting your complaint, OAG gains insight into the problems people are experiencing in the marketplace. This helps us to identify and prioritize problems for potential action. The result: better outcomes for consumers and a better marketplace for everyone.
How to File a Complaint
There are several options to file your complaint:
- Chat with the digital assistant, located in the lower right of the screen.
- Text "complaint" to (202) 738-5212 and follow the guided prompts.
- Complete the online form below.
- Call the OAG Consumer Complaint Hotline at (202) 442-9828.
File a Complaint Online
The online form collects the information OAG needs to investigate potentially deceptive or unethical business practices.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name of the business the complaint is about (required) and additional contact details
- Information about legal representation or other actions already taken
- Supporting documents such as contracts, letters, and receipts