On Monday, June 12, D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine and Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh filed a lawsuit in federal court against President Donald Trump for violating the United States Constitution. The complaint alleges President Trump’s business entanglements violate the Constitution’s Foreign and Domestic Emoluments Clauses, America’s original anti-corruption provisions.
For the latest news, sign up for email alerts and follow us on social media.
For any media inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 202-442-8919.
- D.C. & Maryland AGs Sue Trump for Constitutional Violations (6/12/17)
- Emoluments Lawsuit FAQs (6/12/17)
- Attorney General Racine Responds to Department of Justice’s Motion to Dismiss Emoluments Clause Lawsuit (9/29/17)
- AG Racine & AG Frosh File Response Brief in Emoluments Clause Lawsuit (11/08/17)
- Court Order in Emoluments Case Allows DC and Maryland to Serve Subpoenas for Document Preservation on Trump Businesses (11/29/17)
- Statement of Attorneys General Karl A. Racine and Brian E. Frosh on Today’s Federal Court Arguments on Emoluments Lawsuit(01/25/18)
- AGs Racine and Frosh Welcome Federal Court Ruling Allowing Lawsuit Against President Trump to Move Forward (3/28/18)
- Plaintiffs' Complaint (6/12/17)
- Defendant's Motion to Dismiss (9/29/17)
- Plaintiffs' Motion for Leave to Serve Document Preservation Subpoenas (10/25/17)
- Defendant's Response to Motion for Leave to Serve Document Preservation Subpoenas (10/27/17)
- Plaintiffs' Reply in Support of Plaintiffs' Motion for Leave to Serve Document Preservation Subpoenas (11/02/17)
- Plaintiffs' Memorandum of Law in Support of Plaintiffs' Opposition to Motion to Dismiss (11/07/17)
- Order Granting Leave to Serve Preservation Subpoenas(11/28/17)
- Order Approving Parties' Oral Argument Schedule (01/12/18)
- Plaintiffs' Memorandum in Support of Plantiffs' Motion for Leave to File an Amended Complaint (02/23/18)
- Plaintiffs' Amended Complaint (02/23/18)
- Order Granting Motion for Leave to Amend (03/13/18)
- Defendant's Statement of Interest Regarding Individual Capacity Complaint (03/26/18)
- Standing: Order and Opinion (03/28/18)